1981 Volkswagen Vanagon L Westfalia Camper
My van was a 1981 Volkswagen Vanagon L Westfalia camper.
The vital stats:
- VIN: WV2ZA0254BH141396
- 2.0L horizontally-opposed four-cylinder engine, rear-mounted and air-cooled.
- 67 SAE net horsepower at 4200 rpm.
- 101 ft.-lbs. SAE net torque at 3000 rpm.
- 7.3:1 compression ratio.
- Single camshaft, pushrods, 2 valves per cylinder, hydraulic valve lifters.
- Aluminum crankcase and cylinder heads.
- Rear-wheel drive.
- 5.5" x 14" steel wheels.
- Bosch 65-amp alternator.
- Four-wheel independent coil spring suspension.
- Rack-and-pinion steering, not power-assisted.
- Four-speed manual transmission.
- Bosch L-Jetronic electronic fuel injection.
- Front disc brakes and rear drum brakes, power-assisted, dual circuit.
- Dry, single-plate clutch, hydraulically-operated.
- Wheelbase: 96.8" (8.1 feet).
- Length: 179.5" (15.0 feet).
- Width: 72.6" (6.1 feet).
- Height: 80.7" (6.7 feet).
- Ground clearance: 7.4" (0.6 feet).
- Seating for four occupants, including driver.
- Westfalia deluxe camper interior
- Sink with onboard water tank and city water hookup
- Two-burner propane stove
- Three-way (propane/110v AC/12v DC) refrigerator
- Pop-up top
- Swivel front seats
- Two tables
- Two beds
- Closet with hanging rod and mirror
- Rear hatch insect screen
- Sliding windows with insect screens
- Full curtains
- Luggage rack
Below is the information I got from Volkswagen of Germany
after sending them the VIN.
Engine: CV 029 904
Color: Not registered
Production Date: May 19th, 1981
Delivery Date: July 22nd, 1981
Delivered to: USA
Below are some pics of the van. Click on the thumbnail to see a larger version.