34 Pict 3 Carburetor Tuning
by Barb and Eric
- Spark plugs serviceable
- Engine adjusted and tuned
- Dwell and timing adjusted
- Connect tachometer and oil temp gauge and start engine.
- Check oil temp is between 122 -158 F ,and shut down engine.
- Check that choke is open fully.
- Disconnect the accelerator cable from the carb.
- Turn idle screw out until it is no longer touching fast idle cam.
- Turn idle screw in till it just touches fast idle cam.
- Carefully turn volume control screw in till it stops, then turn out 2 1/2 To 3 turns.
- Start engine, make sure that choke is open again and reinstall air cleaner.
- Set idle speed at 900RPM by the bypass screw.
- Turn out volume screw to highest idle speed and then turn back in till RPM drops by 20-30 RPM.
- Turn the bypass screw till the idle is correct at 750-900RPM.
- Reconnect the accelerator cable.